An illustrated food and movie blog
"It's useful being top banana in the shock department"
Illustrated by : Jessica Guthrie
Breakfast at Tiffany's&
- Spinach and feta quiche
- Carrot Cupcakes with White Chocolate Icing
For this Episode, the great illustrator Jessica Guthrie, who had previously illustrated the “Finding Nemo” Episode, suggested a classic: “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”. We decided to go with something classy and sophisticated like Holly, Audrey Hepburn’s character. We made a spinach and feta quiche and some carrot cupcakes for deserts. The whole meal was soooo tasty, and Jessica’s illustration are tasteful and beautifully detailed!
"It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I’ll give you two."
Spinach and feta quiche
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 6 ounces feta cheese with dried basil and tomato, crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell, slightly thawed
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2. In large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter, app. 5 minuets or until just soft. Remove from heat.
- 3. Stir in 6 oz. cheddar, the feta cheese, mushrooms, and spinach. Mix well; place into pie crust
- 4. In medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over spinach mixture, poking holes to allow the egg mixture to seep inches.
- 5. Bake 15 minutes. Top with remaining 6 oz. cheddar, continue baking 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
"A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick."
Carrot Cupcakes with White Chocolate Icing
- FOR ICING: 2 ounces white chocolate
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- FOR CUPCAKES: 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/8 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- 2. In small saucepan, melt white chocolate over low heat. Stir until smooth, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 3. In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in white chocolate, 1 teaspoon vanilla. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until the mixture is fluffy. Mix in heavy cream.
- 4. Beat together the eggs, white sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl, and mix in the oil and vanilla. Fold in carrots and pineapple. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Mix flour mixture into the carrot mixture until evenly moist. Transfer to the prepared muffin cups.
- 5. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks before topping with the icing.