An illustrated food and movie blog
"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse"
Illustrated by : June Nezamis
- Pear and gorgonzola pizza
This Episode was actually suggested by one of you ! The recipe and movie are a really good fit but took sooooo long to make (mostly the tiramisu) so book your sunday afternoon to spend some quality time with la Familia (by Familia I mean you and your apron). The Godfather is one of those movies that people quote without having seen it (including me). So, time to watch it! We cooked a pizza (as per the suggestion) with Gorgonzola and pear. The recipe is pretty easy and quick to make, unlike the tiramisu. We had to prepare it in the morning as it needs 6 hours to refrigerate. It’s quite a process but tasted great!
Don’t forget the rose on the table…
"We don't discuss business at the table."
Pear and gorgonzola pizza
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1 Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- 2. Place pizza crust dough on a medium baking sheet. Layer with Provolone cheese. Top cheese with Bosc pear slices. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Remove from heat. Top with chives and slice to serve.
"Take the gun, leave the Tiramisu"
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfinger cookies
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- 2. In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- 4. Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.